Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Spring? Maybe.....

I saw a Robin today – well, at least I think it was a Robin. It was in flight and it had a red breast. Could have been a Cardinal. It flew by so quickly, so I am not sure. At any rate, back to the Robin - a promise of SPRING, or so “they” say. I am ready for spring. I enjoy winter, to a point. I enjoy and absolutely love the ambience of a newly fallen snow. Sometimes there are no words to describe its beauty! A couple of weekends ago, I saw deer tracks in our yard. Leah and I actually saw two deer bounding through our yard. I have lived here for over 10 years and that was a first! What is it about deer that excites my heart? I don’t know if they were lost or confused or just passing through, but I enjoyed each moment of their flight – white tails held high! Their beauty mesmerized Leah and me. Last Sunday I saw rabbit tracks on our driveway. A lot of people have rabbit tracks in their yards and I get excited to see them in my driveway! See – A Kid at Heart!! It is fun to see what may be wandering around your house by just looking at the snow. However, I am ready for spring – waiting patiently.

We leave for Florida on Friday. For obvious reasons, I enjoy being outside but NOT in the sun. Gail and Leah are both sun worshippers. Not me! I love the shade and the cool of the morning and evening. That is why I am a fan of spring and fall, but not summer. We are looking forward to spending some time together as a family. Taking some time out of our busy schedules to just be. Maybe it will be just what we need to get us through to spring.

I will post when we get back. Until then - enjoy the snow, the sun, whatever comes your way.


Love you all!

3 comments:

KGMom said...

Enjoy Florida.
I just got done shoveling from our latest snow (only 4 fluffy inches), then took Tipper around the block. I think I saw raccoon tracks! I have never seen a raccoon in our neighborhood. Rabbits, skunks, and possums, but no raccoons.
Here's a link to a blog where she talks about tracks in the snow: http://www.juliezickefoose.com/blog/2007/01/tracks-that-talk.html

KGMom said...

One other comment--I have often thought about writing about the LAST robin of autumn. We know when we see the first robin, but really don't know when we see the last robin.
As I get older, I think about things like that. Some day will be the last time we see whomever, or do something. Only we won't know that it is the last time.
Makes me mindful to relish the moment--each moment.

Climenheise said...

You should see our snow up here -- as we've told you often. Indiana snow gets dirty and slushy so quickly. Our snow stays crisp and sparkling and relatively white. This morning it was down around zero, even though it's March! The forecast is for above freezing tomorrow, for the first time in months.

I had to chuckle over your comments about being in (or out of) the sun. I am forever looking for shade wherever we go, while Lois enjoys sitting out where it's nice and warm and sunny. Not me: give me shade and evenings every time!