Sunday, June 10, 2007

CELEBRATE

Here are some pictures from my birthday party. It was a small party because Gail and Leah were not sure how I would be feeling physically by my birthdate. Ben and Leah surprised me at the restaurant where Gail and I went for supper. We were in the process of what to have for dinner when, while I had my head down looking at the menu, Leah walked up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and said that she had heard it was my birthday. I was, of course, shocked and then cried - remember the crying thing? It took us quite a while to order our food. Thank goodness our waitress was patient. Leah gave me a beautiful book with snap-shot pictures through the years as well as comments from my family. A very nice gift and one I will always treasure!! We then came back to our house and had a camp fire, something we all enjoy very much. Gail and Ben then served ice-cream cake to us. It was a very nice evening and the surprise was well worth it all.




















This is my baby and I am pretty sure he thought we had all gotten together for his birthday. He seems to think the world revolves around him. Isn't he cute? And, he is not spoiled at all!!!

3 comments:

KGMom said...

Hurray for surprises all around! Now, do you understand why I asked what you were planning for your birthday? I didn't know what Leah had planned, just that she was planning something.
Sneaky one, that.
And I do love your "baby"--a real cutie, and not at all spoiled; couldn't be.

Climenheise said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the celebration. I wish we could have been there, but the pictures and description are the next best thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day! We loved surprising you and I was so excited to see you at the restaurant! You are a treasure to me and I'm so thankful for you!! Have a happy first week of being 50!!