Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts on Thanksgiving

I am a little behind on the whole Thanksgiving thing, but I didn’t want this time of year to pass without some thoughts. Thanksgiving is not just a day, it is learning to live in a state of thankfulness. An awareness of things to be grateful for in our lives, an attitude.

We had a wonderful time with Ben and Leah. Leah helped prepare our Thanksgiving meal and we had fun in the kitchen together. She is a very good cook and enjoys creating new dishes. I do believe that hospitality is one of her strengths and that will serve her well as she works beside Ben in whatever church they serve in together!

This has been a tough year for me in many ways. I’ve gone through many and varied emotions – from health to relationship changes. No one said life would be easy, but I think I could use a break for awhile.


Even though this has been a discouraging year, as far as health, it has also been one of tremendous Spiritual growth. I guess one doesn’t flex their spiritual muscles until there is need to do so. I am learning, a slow learner I’m afraid, but learning anyway.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and will continue to count your blessings because there are so many!

I am going to attempt to input some pictures of the weekend. I am still learning how to do this...........

This is what I like to see......they did a great job with those potatoes!




Awwwwww


Leah & Lydia (Nic's wife)


A tradition since Leah was little


Molly supervising!


My "kids" - aren't they sweet?

We could all use a kiss now and then

Gail's usual football watching form....until he stands up and starts conversing with the refs.....the dogs usually hide at that point.


Love to all..................til next time!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I love the pictures!!! : ) Love you!

KGMom said...

It doesn't get much better than this--a good informative post from my sister; a photo of men cooking (!); Leah and the puppies; and Gail in RED pajamas.
As I said, it doesn't get much better!

Anonymous said...

I loved the post you wrote and the pictures also, it is always neat to be with family and to be so Thankful for what the Lord has done in each of our lives. You did a good job of getting the pictures on. I hadn't seen Lydia for a long time, it was good to see her and Leah, as well as the men taking care of the potatoes. Love you, take care.

Anonymous said...

I loved the post you wrote and the pictures also, it is always neat to be with family and to be so Thankful for what the Lord has done in each of our lives. You did a good job of getting the pictures on. I hadn't seen Lydia for a long time, it was good to see her and Leah, as well as the men taking care of the potatoes. Love you, take care.

Climenheise said...

Thanks for the picture of Thanksgiving, even if you did celebrate it a month late. (Oh, that's when you Americans always celebrate Thanksgiving? Ours is in October!)

Why does Gail converse with the refs? What do they say to him? What does he say to them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for a great post!

Denise said...

To answer your question, Daryl………weeeellllll the “conversing”, or maybe I should say “loudly giving his opinion to the refs” can be quite interesting and funny, from my standpoint. I am sure the refs can hear him – quite sure indeed!! I must admit that Gail will acknowledge a good call, even when it goes against his team. What he can’t quite tolerate is when they are bad calls and there is nothing one can do about it. That is when it gets loud. I guess from the dog’s standpoint, here is a man who is talking loudly to the TV and sometimes paces back and forth. They actually hide from him. If I am in the room watching the game also, they will come to me or they will go in our bedroom and hide under the bed. Now mind you, he has never hurt them in anyway. We must have very sensitive dogs. It is quite funny to watch. Poor babies! All in all, it is fun to watch a game with Gail because it can get very interesting!!