Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm Back!

Wow – I am so excited! We FINALLY got our new computer and are out of the dark ages with a new DSL (instead of dial up) and loving every minute, so far! I’m still getting to know my computer or I should say “our” computer, but I have sort of taken up ownership - poor Gail! Oh, he’ll get over it! He is already shaking his head as he sees me sitting here typing away. Some things we will never quite agree on. Gail and Lois speak the same language – they would much rather be outside doing yard work and playing with lawn mowers and the like. With my new found asthma, I have to be more careful what I do. Until I know what triggers my asthma attacks, I will just have to stay close to my new computer – it doesn’t seem to bother me. It is easy to find an excuse when you need one.

On a side note, you may notice I seem to be having some kind of Blog identity crisis. I keep changing the template. Hopefully I will find a home soon and settle in. If you hadn’t noticed, well now I drew your attention to this fact.

Seriously, a lot has happened since I last wrote. It seems the world continues to go crazy. I don’t understand the hate that fills a man’s heart to cause such heartache and destruction. To me it doesn’t matter where in the world there is pain and suffering, we are all connected in some way. This past weekend the weather has also been such a destructive force. I have customers in Kansas and they are dealing with a lot. It would be very easy for us to stay in bed and pull the covers over our heads and hide. BUT, I find the world is still a great place to be. I have seen wonder in a child’s eye, love and acceptance in an aged women’s eyes and know that there is much to live for, learn from and we need to stay involved with those around us. May my heart never become so calloused that I cease to care.

On that note, I hope to write more often. We’ll see………………

2 comments:

KGMom said...

Woo-hooo!
Welcome back. Give me credit for continuing to check your blog even though you were (ahem) shall we say--inactive?
Anyway, glad to hear about YOUR new computer and DSL instead of dial-up. How did you manage before?
As for being inside or outside, I am some of both. I love computing, and I love gardening too. Right now, my muscles are aching from too much outside--I planted flowers in my almost 70 flower pots--part of Sat., Sun., and today! Ouch, ouch. I am definitely too old for this.

Climenheise said...

I have my excuses for staying inside: the sun is the biggest (in more ways than one). As you say, Lois speaks Gail's language. She has already spent eight hours outside working today. Along with mixing up bread before she leaves to visit her mother for mother's day.

Anyway, welcome back to cyberspace.